Department of Rehabilitation Sciences
College of Allied Health
University of Oklahoma HSC
1200 N Stonewall, Room 3092
Oklahoma City, OK 73126-0901
Phone: (405) 271-2131,
Fax: (405) 271-2432
|The fieldwork and clinical education programs of the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences exist within the academic programs in occupational therapy and physical therapy to allow students enrolled in course work to apply knowledge and skills acquired in the classroom and laboratory in the clinical setting.
The primary goals of these programs are:
The clinical education and fieldwork programs will prepare occupational therapy and physical therapy students for general entry-level practice by:
- offering clinical education/fieldwork in a variety of practice settings.
- offering clinical education/fieldwork opportunities in practice settings that provide high quality learning experiences for students.
- promoting evidence-based practice in clinical education / fieldwork settings.
- promoting good professional/clinical reasoning skills and reflective practice in clinical education/fieldwork settings.
- assisting clinical education/fieldwork sites in developing positive learning environments.
- assisting Clinical Faculty to develop good clinical teaching skills and to serve as good professional role models for students.
In addition, the clinical education/fieldwork programs will:
- treat every student fairly and impartially throughout the clinical education/fieldwork process.
- be responsive to student and clinical faculty needs as they relate to clinical education/fieldwork programs.
- meet accreditation standards for the respective clinical education/fieldwork programs.
OT Student Supervision and Medicare Continuing Education
OT Changes to Supervision in SNF
OT Practice Advisory: Student Supervision Level II Fieldwork
Clinical Education/Fieldwork Guidelines
Drug Screening Policy